YAY!!!! After three years, I FINALLY have curtains in my bedroom! Woo hoo!!!!!! I am so excited! I bought some premade curtains from Target. They are the Rocky River faux silk, 95″ curtains. Since the curtains need to measure 120″, I had to buy some material to make a panel for the top. I bought a beautiful, but simple, damask fabric from Hancock Fabrics when they had a half off sale on their designer line. I also bought a fifty yard bolt of 1 and a 1/2 inch double sided satin ribbon online to use instead of traditional curtain hooks. Curtain rods and hooks are expensive, so I reused the existing curtain rods, but painted them Rustoleum’s Metallic gold. It is a mustardy color with a little bit of a shine. It is not ugly spray paint gold. I think it turned out lovely! Maybe one day I will upgrade to some larger, more ornate curtains rods, but for the time being, I think it looks fine. The main reason, as I have said before, that it took so long to put curtains up is the expense and also because you cannot find ready made curtains that are 120″! Buying designer material is also expensive…you might as well plunk down $300 a panel at Pottery Barn. Since I needed 8 panels, I did not see myself spending $2,400 on curtains. I bought 8 panels at Target for $27.99 each, bought the panel material at Hancock’s for $60.00 and paid $8.00 for the fifty yard bolt of satin and $15.00 for the curtain rod paint. After a lot of sewing and piecing it all together, I spent a grand total of $307.00. I think the real reason it took me three years to get something on the windows is that I am too cheap…hahah….and it took me three years of plotting to find something that I could make into curtains that would look great, but not break the bank!
The big reveal………..drum roll please………….
Note: Some of these pictures were taken last night and some were taken this morning. Thus, the difference in lighting.