Well, its that time of year again. School is back in full force and my blogging is down to an all time low. Work on our recent bungalow purchase has not slacked off though. Friday, after we ate, we went over to 94 Bungalow and painted the kitchen. Steven primed it Thursday night all by his lonesome self. I have to say, I was impressed! The kitchen is an old time bead board type both wall and ceiling. So, Steven had to prime the wall, ceiling, trim and windows….basically everything in the room. I painted the walls and ceiling with Glidden’s Cozy Light.
It was pretty gross, as you can tell from the pictures above. It looked like the house was starting to be remodeled in most of the other rooms, but the kitchen had not been touched. It has grease all up the wall and the large vinyl linoleum piece they had in there was peeling up around the room. After we scrubbed the walls, scraped the peeling paint down, primed, painted and redid the floor, this is what it looks like…beware, it is not a true AFTER photo as we have a few details to finish, but you can see the difference:
The spots that you that are not painted very thoroughly are where the cabinets are going to go. The cabinets will run along under the window and then “L” on the wall opposite the window. Didn’t Steven do a good job on the floor? I thought it came out very nice. We bought some generic ceramic tiles and terra cotta grout. Steven is going to install the cabinets sometime this week, and I will finish them off with a red chestnut stain and a coat of poly.
Here is a picture of Vivian doing “karate” with the shop vac attachments in front of the cabinets where I was trying to take pictures.
Finally, I put a coat of black paint on this thing. I think it makes it look better. I need to get Steven to make some doors for the cabinet. I tore out the cabinet pieces on the top half. They were falling off anyway. I figured whoever rents it can use it for a Kchotke shelf. Hopefully, in the near future, I will post pictures of the complete house. But for now, here are the in process ones.
For more pictures of the transformation of this room, click here. I painted the front three rooms of the house the same color, Timothy Straw by Glidden. It makes it easier on the eye than seeing two shades of orange and one room bright Irish green. We have a lot of finishing work to do, which we will try to accomplish on Labor day weekend, but I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Once we get this one off of our books, we will be able to return to OUR house projects!
Happy weekend everyone!