Working on the kitchen again. I really wanted some upper cabinets, so Steven was nice enough to build me some. I scribbled out how I wanted the range hood (poor Steven!) and he took that pathetic drawing of mine and made a gorgeous hood for the kitchen. Below are pictures of how it turned out. The chevrons I made from misc. wood and leftovers stains and paints. It was fun and I love the end result! We are still doing the finishing work and need to install crown molding, but when it is all finished, I will do a massive slide show of before and after.
Th bottom coat on the range hood is Artisan by Behr. The top darker coat is cast bronze by Martha Stewart. The chevron slats are a mixture of leftover paint or stain. The turquoise is a paint I bought long ago for a project that I diluted with mineral spirits to make a semi transparent stain. The light wood color is Golden Oak by Minwax. The dark brown (almost black) stain is Kona by Rustoleum. The metallic one was painted Martha Stewart’s red copper with a top coat of cast bronze. The green semi transparent stain was one I had specially mixed for our study cabinets and it is called Verdi Gris by Rustoleum specialty mixed semi sold stains.
***UPDATE: I finally found the blog with the picture that inspired our range hood design. I looked for it forever. Pretty Handy Girl posted a tutorial on how to make painted, distressed wood panels and I was so excited to the see the range hood. Thanks for posting that! If anyone would like to view the tutorial and the projects, visit: Pretty Handy Girl: Painted and Distressed Tutorial